Monday, January 04, 2016

Snowmen!!

I haven't been doing much sewing lately, but I've been doing some handwork.  I really am sick of the computer and my husband's newscasts, so it has helped to be doing something I enjoy while I listen.

I was looking at this....
because I would really enjoy the snowmen. 

Then there were several that I like at Crabapplehill Studio.  They have beautiful patterns, and I did that Halloween one from there.

So I just couldn't decide.  And then, as I watched my little 5 year old granddaughters drawing and coloring, and idea was born!!!  I figured I'd get all my grandkids to draw snowment, and I'd embroider then.  Seven grandkids?  Weird number.  SO EVERYONE HAS TO DO ONE!!!

So part of our Christmas visit was spent with everyone drawing a snowman.


Here are a few examples of what we came up with.  There are 17 of us total, so I'll have 16 for the front and then mine on the back to use as a label.  

I ordered my white background and it will be here on Wednesday. It has snowflakes and streamers.  I'll try to share it later in the week.  I'm going to do this whole quilt in blue, except that the snowmen noses will be orange.  

I'm excited.  What do you think?  Have you ever done any of your own embroidery designs?  (I've also decided that I will blog and sew more.  We'll see how that works out.)

Happy New Year! Here's to a creative 2016 with lots of finishes!!!

No comments: