Friday, November 14, 2014

Tiara II

Well, I have tackled the quilting machine.  It won for a couple of days, but then I rebounded.  I was having terrible tension problems, but it was just because my thread was not "flossed" into the tension disk.  Someone told me I should hear a click when the thread is engaged, and I had never heard anything like that.  So I put some elbow grease on it and I heard the click.  Now I am having much better luck with the sewing.  My stitches look great.

I don't, however, have much skill with the quilting.  I have a panel from Madagascar that I got half price with some coordinating backing.  I decided to practice on that instead of little tiny quilt sandwiches.  I've decided to follow the lines of the hippo ballerina and then maybe move on from there.

Winter has moved in here like it has everywhere but Florida, I think!!  Looking forward to some quilting time next week.  


No comments: